8 Best Cheap Food Processors Reviews, Tips & Guides
Are you looking for the Best Cheap Food Processors for your kitchen? If yes, you should read our reviews for more details.
On the way to shorten the cooking time yet still be able to enjoy the best dishes, you will find out that you need a food processor. It is so useful and convenient that many people are surprised of how functional it can be in your kitchen. Not only can it help you to mince, grind and chop different kinds of meat, vegetables and fruits, but it also allows you to make the salad sauce with less and even no mess. With the smart design and portability, you will love it and know that you should have got one sooner.
You may worry about the amount of money you need to pay for such a useful kitchen applicant, but you should know that a suitable food processor for your family doesn’t need to be an expensive one. There are many popular products that are both affordable and effective for you to choose in the market, with different capacities and additional functions. In this article, we will show you top eight best cheap food processors from widely known brands so you can choose the most suitable one. Moreover, we will give you a buying guide followed by some frequently asked questions, and hopefully you will know what you need to care about before buying a food processor.
[Top 8] Best Cheap Food Processors
1. BLACK+DECKER 1.5-Cup Electric Food Chopper, Improved Assembly, Black, HC150B
- 1.5-Cup Capacity
- Dishwasher-Safe Removable Parts
- Improved Chopping Assembly and Lid
If you are looking for the best cheap food processor for your kitchen, then why don’t you consider this BLACK+DECKER 1.5-Cup Electric Food Chopper, Improved Assembly, Black, HC150B?
Considered the best cheap food processor, it can help you to save so much time as well as your money. With the capacity of 1.5 cup and the power of 70 watts, it will enable you to prepare for your dishes as quickly as possible. You can use it to mince or chop the herbs and vegetables for your salad and your soup, thanks to the one touch control and the sharp stainless steel blade.
Moreover, you can use it to crush breadcrumbs to prepare for the fried chicken in about one minute. This best cheap food processor also comes with oil holes, which means you can add oil while it is mincing without opening it. As a result, you don’t have to use any knife or clean too much. Its removable parts are also dishwasher friendly, so the cleaning process will be just a piece of cake. In addition, this best affordable food processor is so well designed that it can become a nice feature on your kitchen countertop.
There are some highlighted features as well as the pros and cons of this best cheap food processor you should check out
It has oil holes, one-touch technology and the sharp stainless steel blades.
Backed by 2-year warranty
Suitable for dishwashers
- Oil holes available
- Capacity of 1.5 cup, which is suitable for almost any need
- One touch technology.
- Easy to assemble and clean.
- Some people believe this best cheap food processor is not easy to use.
2. Proctor Silex Durable Mini 1.5 Cup Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper for Dicing, Mincing & Puree, White (72500RY)
- PERFECT SIZE FOR EVERYDAY USE: The small 1.5 cup capacity of this food chopper makes it the perfect choice for everyday tasks. Use it to chop onions and garlic, make salsa, puree baby food, emulsify your favorite sauces, and much more
- EFFICIENTLY CHOP, PUREE & EMULSIFY: This little machine is ideal as a vegetable chopper but does much more. The stainless steel blades efficiently cut through all kinds of ingredients, from carrots, onions and garlic, to nuts for your favorite dessert
- CUSTOMIZE FOOD TEXTURE: Whether you want a smooth vegetable puree or chunky bits of onion and peppers for your salsa, you can easily customize the texture of your food with the mini chopper's simple pulse speed control
Here is one more best cheap food processor for you to check out, the Proctor Silex Durable Mini 1.5 Cup Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper for Dicing, Mincing & Puree, White (72500RY), in terms of some reasons.
With the 1.5 cup capacity, you can use this best cheap food processor daily without worrying about a large spare space to place it. Thanks to the transparent design, you will be able to see your food inside the processor and have more control on when it is suitable to stop. With the strong and sharp removable blade, you can use this best cheap food processor to chop and mince your fruits and vegetables, or some nuts and chocolate as well. The cleaning process is also quick, as all the removable parts of this best cheap food processor are dishwasher safe. As a result, you can choose to wash them under the running water faucet or just put them into the dishwasher.
Let’s consider some highlighted features followed by the pros and cons of this best cheap food processor, the Proctor Silex Durable Mini 1.5 Cup Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper for Dicing, Mincing & Puree, White (72500RY):
Capacity of 1.5 cup, suitable for daily use
Suitable for dishwashers
The pulse control technology
The blade can be removed
- Stable and strong
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
- Nicely designed
- Suitable for small family and daily use
- There is some feedback that the bowl is easy to crack
- It is believed that this best cheap food processor is not suitable for hard vegetables and fruits.
3. Hamilton Beach 10-Cup Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper with Compact Storage (70760)
- Chop onions, mix sauces, grate cheese, shred cabbage, prepare pesto or slice salad ingredients in seconds
- Powerful 500-Watts
- Large feed tube fits a whole block of cheese
Hamilton Beach 10-Cup Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper with Compact Storage (70760) will be the best cheap food processor for you if you are looking for a processor at a reasonable price for your family because of the reasons as follows.
With the large capacity of 10 cups, this best inexpensive food processor can prepare a large amount of food for you without any additional kitchen appliances. There will not be any mess in your kitchen thanks to this smart and convenient processor. Additionally, with the stainless steel blade, you can use this best cheap food processor to chop or mince plenty of fruits and vegetables, from carrots, cabbages to onions.
Moreover, you can mix your salad sauce right in this best cheap food processor to prepare your dishes quickly and easily, through the feed chutes. You will not have any trouble using this processor, as it comes with the smart speed switch and pulse control, which allows you to start and stop any time you want. Most importantly, you do not need any large space to store it, as it can fit perfectly on your kitchen countertop or your cabinet, thanks to the smartly designed lid.
Even the best cheap food processor has some pros and cons, so this processor is no exception.
Smartly designed lid allows flipping for you to easily store it
500 motor power machine
Large capacity of 10 cups
It comes with feed chutes, reversible slice, shred discs and chopping blade
Cord storage space available
Can be cleaned in dishwashers
- Help you to process food within shorter time than usual
- Easy to use, clean and store
- There’s no need to precut the food before putting them in this best cheap food processor
- It is rather costly.
4. Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus 4-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless
- 4 Cup Work Bowl with Handle
- 250 watt motor
- Auto-reversing SmartPower Blade that Chops and Grinds
Why don’t you take a look at this best cheap food processor, Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus 4-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless, if you are up to a budget friendly processor for your kitchen?
This best inexpensive food processor can help you to grind and chop fruit in just one click, thanks to the smart touch pad control, which is also easy to clean. All you need to do is put your vegetables, oil or any salad sauce into the processor bowl, and choose the suitable button for your task. Additionally, the sharp stainless steel blade can help you to grind or chop almost all types of vegetables and fruits.
Moreover, as this best cheap food processor comes with a convenient handle and the 4-cup load, you can use it to make various food portions or quickly prepare for your meals. A cooking recipe book is included in the package so that you can have more cooking idea. Most importantly, the cleaning process is also quick, as the touchpad is easy to wipe clean and other removable parts are dishwasher friendly.
If you are interested in this best cheap food processor, you should consider some highlighted features and its pros and cons, as follows
Capacity of 4 cups
Smart stainless steel blade to chop and grind
A cooking recipe book is included
Warranted for 18 months
Contains no BPA material.
- Easy to use and clean thanks to the smart design
- Suitable for preparing food portions
- Affordable and worthy
- Some people think this best cheap food processor is not suitable for some tasks like making the dough.
5. Hamilton Beach (72850) Food Processor Mini Chopper, 3 Cup, Electric, Black (Renewed)
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE. No difficult twisting or locking – just stack the bowl and blade on the base, then place the lid on top.
- FRESH INGREDIENTS IN ONE STEP. Simply press the patented lid for chopping action.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE CHOPPING ACTION. Stainless steel blades and powerful 350 watt motor can handle even the toughest ingredients.
Let’s take a look at another best cheap food processor option, the Hamilton Beach (72850) Food Processor Mini Chopper, 3 Cup, Electric, Black (Renewed).
What is the difference between this one and the others, you will ask? This best cheap food processor can help you to mince, chop and mix different types of food, such as fruits, vegetables and nuts. You will just need to put the food into the bowl and press one button, then the processor will do the rest. Moreover, there is an oil dispenser that is built inside, so you can easily add more oil while the food is being minced or chopped. As a result, your food will be ready when you open the lid.
There’s also no need to care about storing this best cheap food processor, as it has only 3 cup capacity and is compact designed. By that I mean, it can fit perfectly on your kitchen countertop, ready to be used, or you can store it in your cabinet if you do not use them frequently. All parts like blade, lid and bowl are removable, meaning that they can be cleaned both in dishwashers and under the water faucet.
Let’s check out some highlighted features as well as the pros and cons of this Hamilton Beach (72850) Food Processor Mini Chopper, 3 Cup, Electric, Black (Renewed) before making a decision.
Smart stack and press technology for you to easily use
The cord can be stored under
3 cup capacity and 350-watt power
All removable parts are able to be cleaned in the dishwasher
Oil dispenser is included
- Compact size which is suitable for small family’s meals as well as storage
- Easy to assemble, use and clean up
- There’s no instruction included.
6. Ninja Food Chopper Express Chop with 200-Watt, 16-Ounce Bowl for Mincing, Chopping, Grinding, Blending and Meal Prep (NJ110GR)
- 200 watt power pod.
- Effortlessly mince, chop, grind and blend a variety of ingredients for easy meal preparation or final touches
- Perfect for garlic, onion, zest, spices, herbs, cheese, bacon crumbles, nut chopping, chocolate, dressings, sauces and spreads
If you are in need of a compact and affordable food processor for your daily use, then this Ninja Food Chopper Express Chop with 200-Watt, 16-Ounce Bowl for Mincing, Chopping, Grinding, Blending and Meal Prep (NJ110GR) will be the best cheap food processor for you.
With this one, you will be able to mince, chop, grind and blend almost any kinds of food you want, from mincing some garlic, chopping the hard vegetables to grinding some nuts or blending the salad sauce. The pulse speeds technology as well as the set of 4 sharp stainless steel blades will help you to prepare your food in a much easier way.
Additionally, this best cheap food processor also comes with an anti-slip base and a splashguard, so you do not have to worry about leaking any liquids from the processor. For more convenience, there is an extra storage lid for you to cover your food while preparing other things for your meals. Most importantly, you can clean the parts easily after every use, as all removable parts are dishwasher safe.
If you think this will be the best cheap food processor you need, then you should look at its highlighted features as well as some pros and cons before purchasing.
2 cup capacity and 200-watt power.
Pulse speeds technology and sharp blades allow you to easily mince, chop or blend any kind of food
Contains no BPA material.
Warranted for one year.
There is an extra storage lid.
Dishwasher safe removable parts.
Comes with an anti-slip base, a set of four blades and a splashguard.
- Smart design to avoid leaking and slipping
- Removable parts that can be cleaned in dishwasher
- Extra storage lid to cover your food
- Suitable capacity for small families or meal preparation
- Some people say it is quite difficult to clean the food that is stuck under the blade and the crack of the motor.
7. Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini Prep Plus Food Processor Brushed Chrome and Nickel
- 250-watt food processor with 3-cup plastic work bowl
- Chops and grinds with patented reversible stainless-steel blade
- Simple push-button control panel; durable, yet lightweight plastic body. LWH (in inches) : 5.00 x 7.00 x 9.25
Let’s consider one more best cheap food processor that you may love, the Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini Prep Plus Food Processor Brushed Chrome and Nickel. This processor has its own advantages that enable it to leave other competitors standing.
Firstly, this processor has a capacity of 3 cups, which is suitable to prepare small food portions or salad sauce. With 250-watt power and a stainless steel blade that can be reversed, it can help you to grind and chop various foods and vegetables, so you can shorten the preparation time. What that means is, you can grind some nuts or chop the vegetables, adding some garlic and oil to get the salad sauce ready in just a few minutes. Moreover, with the smart design, you will find it easy to use this best affordable food processor, just with a few buttons on the control panel. Cleaning it is even much more easily, as the control pad can be wiped clean and other removable parts are dishwasher safe.
This best cheap food processor is BPA-free and warranted for 18 months, so you can use it and get technical support if any problems occur without any extra fees. A recipe and instruction book is included, so you will understand how to use and get some cooking ideas for your family’s meals.
There are some highlighted features, pros and cons of this Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini Prep Plus Food Processor Brushed Chrome and Nickel you should check out.
Contains no BPA material
Warranted for 18 months
Comes with a recipe and instruction book
- Capacity that is suitable for small meals preparation
- Easy to use and clean thanks to the smart design
- Sharp stainless steel blade that can reverse automatically for more powerful grind and chop
- It is not recommended to use this processor to grind beans
8. Wireless Portable Electric Food Processor, Kocbelle 200-Watt Small mini Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper 2.5 Cup 20 Oz Glass Bowl with Scraper for Blending, Mincing and Meal Preparation
- 【Wireless Handy Chopper】If the battery is insufficient for the first use, please use the Android adapter to charge it more than 4 hours.Food process innovation,smart kitchen gadget,cordless food processor free to move anywhere in the kitchen,equipped 2.5 cup small bowl but handy for daily meal preparation.only 1.2 kg weight,size 11 inch * 5.6inch * 6 inch ideal for family meals and outdoor picnic.
- 【Sturdy and Durable Glass Container】Washed up perfectly in your dishwasher,easy to clean and safer compared to plastic bowls. No worry for scratch and leakage,BPA free make it perfect for family use and ideal for making baby food.
- 【Fresh ingredients press to go】No complicated procedures,only simply switch on to deal with meats, nuts,onions and so on,Ingredients are usually processed in 5-30 seconds,determined based on component properties,safety product design to avoid knife blade hurts and over-heating.
With this best cheap food processor, you can choose to grind and chop different kinds of food from meat to hard vegetables, from some onions to the big potatoes, in no more than thirty seconds, depending on the amount of food. Additionally, it comes with a borosilicate bowl which is scratch-free and transparent so you can check the status of the food inside to know when to stop.
Moreover, it is cordless so you don’t have to worry about storage or too many cords on your kitchen countertop. You will just need 3-4 hours to charge this best affordable food processor fully, which means you can use them many times, more quickly and conveniently. Most importantly, all removable parts are compact and dishwasher safe. As a result, you can shorten the cooking time as well as cleaning process.
Therefore, if you are in love with this best cheap food processor, the Wireless Portable Electric Food Processor, Kocbelle 200-Watt Small mini Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper 2.5 Cup 20 Oz Glass Bowl with Scraper for Blending, Mincing and Meal Preparation, then you should take a look at its highlighted features and its pros and cons before buying one.
2.5 cup capacity
Borosilicate bowl that is anti-scratch and transparent
Cordless and compact
Contains no BPA.
Warranted for one year.
Dishwasher safe removable parts.
- Portable so it can be brought and used anywhere you want
- Smart design to avoid shaking while using
- Easy to assemble, use and clean
- Removable parts that can be cleaned in dishwasher
- Transparent and anti-scratch bowl
- Suitable capacity for small family or meal preparation
- Some people say the blade is so sharp that you have to be careful while cleaning them under the water faucet.
After reading through the top 8 best cheap processors, you may have found the suitable one for your kitchen. Otherwise, continue to read on the buying guide and some frequently asked questions to know what is necessary to consider before purchasing the best cheap processor.
It depends on your family’s size or the kind of food you will cook with the food processor. If you have a big family and you need to prepare a large amount of food, or you love salad, you should go for a big capacity food processor to suit your needs. Otherwise, a medium size processor is enough for your family meals, if you have 1-3 members or just need a processor to mince some garlic and shred the cheese.
The most favorable material for the blade of the best cheap food processor is stainless steel, which is strong and durable. Moreover, you need to consider the functions you want it to perform, such as chop, mince or grind. To be more precise, different tasks will require different types of blade to keep the machine run well and avoid creaking. A reversible set of blades will be able to grind and chop the food more effectively, so you don’t have to worry about the food not being chopped in the right way.
You should definitely go for a warranted processor, as even the best cheap food processor may break during usage. In that case, you will need support from technical teams to avoid losing money on other unnecessary services.
4. Ease of usage and cleaning
You will not want to struggle to use your processor, so make sure to choose a user-friendly product, or the one with manual instruction guide. The easier it is to use the processor, the quicker your preparation time is. Additionally, you should consider if the product is easy to clean or not, or if its parts are dishwasher free. To be more precise, this feature will help you shorten the cleaning time, just by putting them in the dishwasher.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why should I buy a food processor?
A food processor now has become a useful and indispensable in most families’ kitchen. Firstly, it can help you to prepare ingredients for your dishes quickly, so you can have more time to cook and enjoy meals with your family. The time of chopping, mincing will be shortened and there’s no mess in your kitchen for you to clean up. Secondly, a food processor can help you to chop and grind various kinds of food, from meat, nuts to fruits and vegetables. You can even mix the salad sauce in it, so you will not have to worry about leaking any liquid to the kitchen countertop.
2. Which size of the food processor should I get?
It depends on your family’s size. A 3 to 4 cup capacity is enough for small meals of 1-3 members, or for ingredient preparation. Otherwise, you should get a larger food processor if your family has more members and you need more room to grind enough food for your meals. The capacity of 10 cups may be enough for family use while larger capacity is often used in restaurants or food factories.
3. Is an additional feeding tube necessary?
A feeding tube is an extra part that will be vital if you want to pour liquid or add more food while the processor is running. With it, you don’t need to stop the machine and open the lid. Just directly add more fruits, oils or herbs to finish your dishes. You should get a processor with a big feeding tube, as it will allow you to fit a carrot without pre-cutting it, and thus this will shorten your cooking time.
4. What kind of food can be put in a food processor?
You can use a food processor to chop different types of food, like vegetables, fruits and meats. Various kinds of nuts, chocolate or cheese can also be shredded or grinded in the processor. Moreover, you can also use it to mince some garlic or make the salad sauce in a quicker and easier way. But don’t forget to check the type of blade before using, as wrong function may harm the blade as well as the motor of the processor.
5. Can I use the processor to blend food?
If you need to blend fruits and vegetables to have smoothies and detox drinks, then a processor is not recommended. The blender is vital to create and blend food, as the processor’s functions are chop, grind and mince food. As a result, all the ingredients may not be mixed well enough in the processor as you want in the blender, making the food and beverage become less tasty than usual.
In conclusion, we have shown you top 8 food processor on the market for you to choose the best cheap food processor that suits both your needs and your budget. Hopefully with our buying guide and some frequently asked questions, you can know what points you need to consider before purchasing a food processor for your kitchen. Just keep in mind that the best processor is not necessarily the costliest one, but the most suitable for you.
You can view more on YOUTUBE VIDEO