6 Best 8 Bottle Wine Cooler Reviews, Tips & Buying Guides
Are you looing for the Best 8 Bottle Wine Cooler for your house? Look no further! You may check out our list fir more details.
If your wine collection is growing or your fridge gets more cramped to accommodate your aged wine bottles, it’s time to consider a dedicated wine cooler.
Not only does a wine cooler do a better job at keeping your wine chilled, but it also offers an environment in which the flavor of your wine evolves properly over time. It will protect your wine from damages such as UV rays, scorching heat, fluctuating temperature, and impact. The result is you will get the best taste of wine every time your pop open a wine bottle.
As the name suggests, an 8 bottle wine cooler is designed to keep a maximum of 8 bottles of wine in premium condition by providing the optimal temperature. It’s a better option than a refrigerator if you’ll be storing your wine for a longer time.
An 8 wine bottle wine fridge is ideal for those who just start collecting wine, or their consumption will never exceed the number. As the energy consumption of a wine fridge greatly depends on its size, it’s not wise to choose a large size if you know that you never fill it up.
While shopping for an 8 wine cooler, there are many determining factors in play, including the size, installation style, and the number of temperature zones. Consider your needs and budget to choose the best fit for your kitchen. If you still don’t know where to start, our review of the best 8 bottle wine coolers and in-depth buying guide will help you make a better decision.
Top 6 Best 8 Bottle Wine Cooler Review
1. Koolatron Urban Series 8-Bottle Thermoelectric Countertop Wine Cooler
- AFFORDABLE LUXURY - This 8 bottle wine fridge helps you get the most out of your favourite vintages
- TOUCH SCREEN CONTROLS - Tap the digital display to easily adjust the temperature or turn on the interior LED light
- FREESTANDING CONVENIENCE - Place this attractive, compact unit anywhere there is a power source so your favourite wines are always close at hand
This 8 bottle wine cooler from Koolatron offers a combination of high quality and affordability. You can place this stand-alone countertop model anywhere near a power outlet. Its design is incredibly space-efficient, too.
One of the nice perks is that this 8 bottle wine cooler comes with a mirrored glass door, which provides UV protection for your bottles against detrimental UV rays. This feature is particularly helpful for long-term wine storage.
Besides, we love the thermoelectric system, which is not only reliable but also eco-friendly. It ensures your wine constantly be kept under the desired temperature.
Additionally, the cooler will keep your wine at its own best temperature without producing vibrations or CFC. The interior is highly customizable, too, with the four detachable, stainless-steel racks for you to stack your bottles in the way you like.
Another attractive feature is that touch screen control panel, which allows you to adjust the optimal temperature for your vintages with a few clicks. The built-in LED light is easy to switch one, highlighting those vintages stored inside.
- Made by reputable brand – Koolatron
- Convenient installation as it’s a stand-alone, countertop wine cooler
- Run by 110V
- The cooler’s wattage is 50W
- Four detachable racks
- Maximum capacity of 23 liters
- Weighs 19.44 pounds
- Affordable price tag
- Dependable cooling system
- Intuitive control panel
- Only fits bottles of small to medium sizes. You may want to consider other alternatives for the larger bottles
2. Cuisinart 8 Bottle Wine Cellar
- Compact brushed stainless finish wine cellar holds up to 8 bottles
- Thermoelectric cooling system - reduces noise and vibration while using low power consumption
- Electronic touchpad for precise temperature control with blue LED display. Soft interior lighting with on/off control
If you’re a first-time buyer, you might want to stick to a reliable brand for guaranteed quality and other post-purchase supports. When it comes to buying an 8 bottle wine cooler, Cuisinart is a name that you can totally rely on. This Cuisinart wine fridge allows you to keep your reds, whites, and champagnes chilled without compromising the wine’s taste and flavor.
Thanks to the blue LED control panel, you can conveniently set up the right temperature to keep your bottle cool. This wine cooler also features a set of adjustable feet, making it ideally portable to move around your house.
Besides, the 4-chrome contoured shelves offer you the flexibility of storing either 750ml or 1500ml bottles. Simply remove the racks, and the wine cooler can hold up to 1500ml bottles.
The pleasant integrated lights help your wine collection look more appealing.
- Made by a long-standing, trusty manufacturer of household equipment.
- Weighs 27 pounds
- Decent capacity of 8 bottles
- The unit’s dimensions are 22.7 x 19.7 x 12.7 inches
- Highly energy-efficient
- 4-chrome contoured shelves can store two sizes of wine bottles
- Highly portable with adjustable feet
- Slightly more expensive than other competitors
3. Wine Cooler Electronic Constant Temperature Wine Storage
- -*【Wine Collection】: Collect wine and taste life. It is not only a wine cabinet, but also your soulmate. No matter what kind of wine or wine you use, you can always find the right temperature on it.
- -*【Durable and effective to avoid light】: Adjustable wine rack, healthy and stable, good load-bearing; double-layer tempered protection of mirror glass, effectively avoiding light affecting the quality of red wine.
- -*【Simulation of an ancient wine cellar】: The imitation wine cellar constant temperature system restores the original cellar, simulating the constant temperature environment of the ancient wine cellar, plus suitable conditions such as moisture retention, shock resistance, light protection, and ventilation, allowing wine to be stored for longer.
This model is highly rated as the best 8 bottle wine cooler among wine enthusiasts. The black one-touch display sits on top allows you to find the optimal temperature for your bottles. With a decent temperature range between 11 and 18 degrees, this unit guarantees you have the right setting for your wine.
Additionally, this 8 bottle wine cooler comes equipped with two layers of mirrored glass to protect the wine from any damages. The best thing about this unit is the constant temperature system, which resembles a wine cellar only found in ancient times.
For that reason, this 8 bottle wine cooler excels in retaining moisture, ventilating, resisting shocking and impact, and offering protection from sunlight. Obviously, this model is one of the best 8 bottle wine coolers on the market for good reasons.
The manufacturer, Wine Cabinets, offers 24-hour customer service, meaning that if you have any issue with this wine cooler, you can get their support around the clock.
- The shock absorber runs quietly
- Built from metal
- Produces noise only of 35dB
- Product’s dimensions: 16.5 x 18.9 x 11.0 inches
- It can be simply operated
- Easily reaches the right temperature
- Dual layers of glass means your reds will be protected better from UV rays
- LED light gives your bottles a better look
- Without internal thermometer
4. Wine Cooler Tx 8-Bottle Single-Zone in Red
- ✎8 bottle capacity, perfect for red or white wines
- ✎Temperature range: 15 ℃ with ultra quiet semiconductor cooling: 30 dBA
- ✎Grey tinted see-thru glass door and interior light for easy viewing
The Wine Cooler Tx is considered the best 8 bottle wine cooler as it nails both quality and appearance. This wine fridge is an expert in preserving and somehow enhancing the color, flavor, and taste of the bottles stored inside it. Without a doubt, you can keep your wine chilled appropriately, and rest assured about its quality.
The appearance is one of the selling points of this 8 bottle wine fridge. The door handle is made of silver, with its hinge hidden to give the wine fridge a better look. The glass door, coupled with the built-in soft light, not only lets the user view what’s stored inside easier but also subtly highlights your collection of wine.
It’s worth noting that you should avoid placing this 8 bottle wine fridge in the garage under any circumstances. The high temperature in the garage can shorten the lifespan of the wine fridge, so exercise your caution.
- Brand: Wine Cooler
- Solid construction
- Two chrome wire racks
- Countertop wine cooler
- This unit has a semiconductor cooling system
- Offers temperature range of 15C degree
- Operates at 50W
- Compatible with the power of 110/220V
- Weighs 8.7 Kg
- The 8-bottle capacity allows users to keep whites and reds conveniently
- The silent semiconductor cooling operates at the low level of 30 dBA
- Stylish design with hidden door hinge
- The price is not accessible to everyone
5. Cuisinart CWC-800CEN 8-Bottle Private Reserve Wine Cellar
- 8-bottle wine cellar
- Efficient thermoelectric cooling system – for less noise and energy consumption
- Touchscreen controls easily adjust temperature and interior light
If you’re in the market seeking the best 8 bottle wine fridge, it’s a pity to miss this Cuisinart Private Reserve wine cellar. It allows you to store your expensive bottles for a long period and keep the taste and flavor intact during the process.
The thermoelectric cooling system runs quietly and offers ideal temperatures for a maximum of 8 bottles of reds, whites, or champagnes.
With a few clicks on the touchscreen panel, you easily adjust to the appropriate temperature for your bottles. The wide temperature range from 39F to 68F degrees offers you the flexibility to store a wider array of wine types.
- Brand: Cuisinart
- 8-bottle storing capacity
- The unit’s dimensions are 19 x 12 x 22.5 inches
- Weighs 26 pounds
- Produces much less noise than other competitors
- Touchscreen panel allows easy temperature and light adjustment
- Soft built-in light to showcase your collection
- There are limited color ways to choose from
6. Antarctic Star 1.6cu.ft 8 Bottle Wine Fridge
- KEEP WINE COOL: Heat is enemy number one for wine. The Wine Cooler enables you to store your wine in optimal conditions for long-term aging. Working temperature range is 40°F- 61°F, and allows you to customize the temp(55°F is generally considered a suitable temperature)
- IDEAL LIGHT and HUMIDITY: With its reinforced glass door with air tight seal and help to maintain an ideal humidity level, this beverage refrigerator gives you a compact and modern design perfect for your living room . Blue soft LED interior lighting not only beautifully showcases the wine but won’t damage the wine.
- BETTER WINE STORAGE: 1.6cu.ft red or white wine bottles capacity, also better for canned beer and beverage storage. Horizontal racking is a space-efficient way to store your bottles, and it definitely can't harm your wines.
Antarctic Star 1.6cu.ft is one of the best 8 bottle wine coolers that we’ve come across. Apart from wine, you can throw in some bottles of canned beer into it for ideal storage.
Thanks to the cutting-edge cooling system, this 8 bottle wine cooler keeps your bottles in tip-top condition without producing disruptive noise. It also offers you more flexibility with the adjustable leveling legs and detachable shelves. The glass door is great if you want to look at the collection or showcase your wine to your guests.
As the product is backed by a 1-year warranty, the manufacturer promises to take good care of your 8 bottle wine fridge if any quality issues arise. Therefore, you can purchase it with more confidence.
As it’s a freestanding model, you can move it around more easily, which is a nice perk if you regularly carry it between your basement and kitchen.
- Brand: Antarctic Star
- Capacity: 2.9 Cubic Feet
- Countertop installation
- Compatible with the power of 120V
- Comes with three wire shelves
- Weighs 35.8 pounds
- Can accommodate up to 10 bottles (though the stated capacity is 8) depends on the bottles’ sizes and shapes.
- Wide temperature range between 40°F- 61°F
- The temperature setting is customizable
- The racks sits horizontally, making it more space-saving
- Ideal for storing other canned beverages like beer
- Some bottle shapes and sizes will not fit into the fridge.
There are some factors that you should not discount when choosing the best 8 bottle wine cooler. Let’s check them out!
1. The number of bottles that the cooler can accommodate
The wine coolers’ capacity is often the number of wine bottles that it’s able to accommodate. A fridge that can store between 1 and 50 bottles is considered a small-sized model. For the avid wine collectors, the bigger size, which often can hold as many as 200 bottles, should be their best bet.
For those new collectors, it is advisable to choose a wine fridge of a smaller size; anywhere between 6 and 18 bottles would be sufficient. Therefore, if you just set off collecting wine, our list of the best 8 bottle wine coolers is a good place to start from.
If you’re a real enthusiast and know that you would not settle with a small collection in the future, we see no reasons why you should not go for the wine cooler that can store 200 bottles or beyond. It’s a matter of choice to choose the size of this home appliance.
2. The number of temperature zones
Many 8 bottle wine coolers come with more than one temperature zone. These areas will contain different types of wine, including reds and whites, which often require different temperature settings.
In contrast, several 8 bottle wine coolers only have one cooling zone. These wine coolers are simple to operate with single temperature control, making them ideal for those who just start collecting and storing wine. If you have accumulated more than a handful of bottles and do not stop there, a wine cooler with at least two cooling zones is highly recommended.
3. Installation style: Built-in or freestanding
While shopping for an 8 bottle wine fridge, you’ll have to consider whether a built-in or a stand-alone model is a better fit for your home. If you prefer your 8 bottle wine cooler to be a part of your cabinet, go for a built-in model. Yet, it requires a little bit of effort for a proper installation.
Alternatively, if you don’t want the hassle with the setup, you can pick up a freestanding 8 bottle wine cooler. You can easily find an abundance of countertop models on the market. Some 8 bottle wine coolers even have small footprints to fit snugly under the counter.
4. Noise level
Loud operation is one of a few reasons that stop people from getting an 8 bottle wine cooler. When placed in a basement or garage, the product is easier to tolerate its unwanted noise. However, while many of us prefer to put a wine cooler in our kitchen to keep our wine at hand, we will definitely want to get an 8 bottle wine fridge that runs as silently as possible.
A thermoelectric 8 bottle wine fridge is widely preferred for its quiet operation. It runs with a cooling node instead of a compressor, thus producing less noise in the process. On the other hand, if loud operation doesn’t bother you that much, or you prefer placing your 8 bottle wine cooler in the garage or basement, you can purchase a model with a compressor.
Frequently Asked Questions
We give answers to some of the common questions about 8 bottle wine coolers to help you make a more informed decision.
1. Do I need an 8 bottle wine cooler in my home?
If you entertain frequently or simply enjoy drinking wine regularly, you may want to keep several bottles of wine chilled to readily available. As a result, an 8 bottle wine cooler is a worthwhile investment. This is a cheaper alternative to getting a refrigerator or remodeling a basement for wine storing purposes.
What’s more, an 8 bottle wine fridge requires little to no maintenance, and you can put it to good use by storing kind of beverages other than wine.
2. What type of wine fridge should I get?
It all comes down to personal preferences along with how much you consume wine to find the best suit. The most typical type of a wine fridge is a freestanding unit that resembles a refrigerator. Another option is a built-in wine fridge.
A stand-alone countertop model has an ideal capacity to accommodate up to 12 wine bottles. It also has a small footprint, making it a go-to wine cooler for those with cramped kitchen.
3. What advantages do an 8 bottle wine cooler with multiple temperature zones have?
While choosing an 8 bottle wine cooler, you can go for one with one, two, or three cooling zones. People pick up single cooling zone often have bottles that require similar temperature settings.
Otherwise, if you’re going to store reds and white or want to store some at serving temperature and the rest at room temperature, a dual or triple zone 8 bottle wine cooler is the way to go.
4. Does an 8 bottle wine fridge use the same amount of energy as a regular refrigerator?
The good news is that a great number of 8 bottle wine fridges consume little amount of energy. They are much more energy-efficient than refrigerators.
However, it also greatly depends on the size of the 8 bottle wine cooler as well as the temperature of the space you’re planning to place the unit. A large-size wine fridge generally takes up a larger portion of the utility bill than a smaller one.
5. Can you store your beer in a wine cooler?
There are many perks of storing your beer in a wine fridge rather than in a standard refrigerator. For example, an 8 bottle wine cooler can reach the desired temperature more easily and faster than a traditional refrigerator. Additionally, as mentioned above, you can save some money on electricity bills using a wine cooler instead of the refrigerator.
6. How long should you keep your wine collection in an 8 bottle wine fridge?
The optimal storing period is less than a year to preserve your expensive vintages’ best flavor, taste, and color. Also, make sure your ready-to-drink bottles are kept chilled at the right temperatures.
An 8 bottle wine cooler makes a great addition to the kitchen collection for wine enthusiasts. It helps to keep your wine cool and ready at hand for when you’re in the mood for a glass or two of wine. An 8 bottle wine fridge also makes serving your guests more convenient and a lifesaver for those who don’t have the access to a wine cellar. We hope you’ll pick out the best 8 bottle wine fridge for your house after going through our review. If you still hesitate to choose the best 8 bottle wine cooler, there’s a buying guide and a FAQs section for your consideration.
You can view more on YOUTUBE VIDEO